[libvirt] how to assign an ip when assign a NIC or VF to the Virtual Machine?

guan qin qinguan0619 at gmail.com
Sun May 8 14:35:45 UTC 2011

If I use SR-IOV, the guest may be  always "eth0"   , but when I use the VT-d
,I often got an  ethX with a random X in VM.
AFAIK, udev make the NIC name be stable by the MAC address. So when I
haven't assigned a VF or NetworkCard to the VM,
how can I force the name in the guest to 'eth0' ?

best regard,
qinguan