[libvirt] phy driver

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Fri May 20 15:14:20 UTC 2011

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 10:00:55AM -0500, Serge Hallyn wrote:
> Hi,

> <target dev='sdb'/> </disk> used to be allowed.  But now it appears (looking at
> git history) only <driver name='qemu'> is supported.  Is that correct?  Should
> tools which are spitting out libvirt xml be updated to use 'qemu', or is there
> something else going on?

'phy' is a Xen driver name. virsh was mistakenly setting that if using
virsh attach-disk. Previously QEMU was ignoring this field entirely
so we didn't notice the mistake in virsh, but now it validates it to
be 'qemu'  (further options may arise if disk back moves into the
kernel like vhost_net did).