[libvirt] ssh from host to guest on default network

Neil Wilson neil at brightbox.co.uk
Tue May 31 13:05:41 UTC 2011

> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 20:28:42 -0700
> From: Kay Williams <Kay at thewilliams.net>
> To: "libvir-list at redhat.com" <libvir-list at redhat.com>
> Subject: [libvirt] ssh from host to guest on default network
>
> Hello,
>

> The trouble I am having is with ssh'ing from the host to guest machine.

Probably more for the user list than this one. However...

I've used 'avahi' successfully to get resolution in the clients. It
implements the 'Bonjour' no configuration system. Obviously the client
image has to have the avahi daemons installed and correctly configured.

Once you have that working in the client and the correct settings in
your resolver on the host, then you can ssh into 'xyz.local' and it
resolves nicely.

Rgs

Neil