[libvirt] [Libvirt-announce] Start of freeze for libvirt-0.9.7 and availability of rc1

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Tue Nov 1 10:44:50 UTC 2011

On 31/10/2011, at 8:51 PM, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>  We are now entering the freeze for libvirt-0.9.7 .
> We may make an exception for patch set which got a few round of reviews
> though, like Stefan's ones (v4 IIRC), and anything which we know may
> need fixing in the API before the release.
>
> I have made a release candidate 1 tarball (and associated rpms) at
>   ftp://libvirt.org/libvirt/libvirt-0.9.7-rc1.tar.gz
>
> I think I will make an rc2 on Wed or Thu and then try to
> make the release around Friday of the end of the week if things
> looks good.
>
>  Please give it a try !

Fails on OSX 10.6.8, with this:

  make  all-am
    CC     libvirt_util_la-authhelper.lo
    CC     libvirt_util_la-bitmap.lo
    CC     libvirt_util_la-bridge.lo
    CCLD   libvirt_driver_storage.la
    CCLD   libvirt_iohelper
    CCLD   libvirt_driver_remote.la
  Undefined symbols:
    "_ptsname_r", referenced from:
        _virFileOpenTty in libvirt_util.a(libvirt_util_la-util.o)
  ld: symbol(s) not found
  collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
  make[3]: *** [libvirt_iohelper] Error 1
  make[2]: *** [all] Error 2