[libvirt] Start of freeze for libvirt-0.9.7 and availability of rc1

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Fri Nov 4 14:23:54 UTC 2011

On Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 06:19:25PM +0800, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>   Thanks to everybody who provided feedback and patches on rc1,
> I have made an rc2 available at
>    ftp://libvirt.org/libvirt/libvirt-0.9.7-rc2.tar.gz
> there is also the rpms rebuilds for Fedora 14.

I've discovered a problem with the file descriptor passing code we added to
the remote protocol.

Becaused the gnulib  passfd() / recvfd() functions secretly send a single
byte of data, as well as the FD, we need to handle EAGAIN when sending or
receiving. Currently we don't, so when passing FDs we randomly get EAGAIN
and the client connection gets killed off.

Fixing this might require an RPC protocol change, which should obviously
be done before the final release.