[libvirt] "make rpm" failing with git head on RHEL6

Wen Congyang wency at cn.fujitsu.com
Wed Nov 9 07:22:50 UTC 2011

At 11/09/2011 03:01 PM, Justin Clift Write:
> On 09/11/2011, at 9:52 AM, Eric Blake wrote:
>> On 11/08/2011 02:37 AM, Justin Clift wrote:
>>>
>>> Found the problem with the NEWS file.  It's because libxslt wasn't installed.
>>
>> Should we be adding libxslt as a maintainer's prereq in bootstrap.conf?
>>
>> That is, I think bootstrap.conf should require all packages necessary to create a functional tarball from libvirt.git, even if those packages are _not_ required to successfully build an already-available tarball.
>
> That sounds like it will fix the problem, pretty much permanently (until further requirements happen).
>
> Definitely in favour of that. :)
>

>>> Still haven't found out the problem with probes.h though.  Now looking at
>>> that again.
>>
>> On 11/08/2011 01:58 AM, Wen Congyang wrote:
>>> I think you do not install this package: systemtap-sdt-devel.
>>
>> So that sounds like systemtap is another maintainer prereq.
>
> It's not the problem.  For me anyway.
>
> To clarify, systemtap-sdt-devel is already installed.  Doing a brand new autogen.sh, then
> compiling normally with:

I find the following messages from autogen.sh's output:
running CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/sh /bin/sh ./configure --with-dtrace=no --no-create --no-recursion

You have disabled dtrace, so make -j 3 does not fail.

Please run ./configure again, and check whether dtrace is enabled.

Thanks
Wen Congyang