[libvirt] Start of freeze for libvirt-0.9.7 and availability of rc1

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Thu Nov 3 10:19:25 UTC 2011

  Thanks to everybody who provided feedback and patches on rc1,
I have made an rc2 available at
   ftp://libvirt.org/libvirt/libvirt-0.9.7-rc2.tar.gz
there is also the rpms rebuilds for Fedora 14.
One think I noted while the rpm was building is the following warnings:

CCLD   libvirt_test.la
*** Warning: Linking the shared library libvirt_test.la against the non-libtool
*** objects  probes.o is not portable!

*** Warning: Linking the shared library libvirt.la against the non-libtool
*** objects  probes.o is not portable!
CCLD   libvirt-qemu.la

I also get

*** Warning: Linking the shared library libvirt.la against the non-libtool
*** objects  probes.o is not portable!

when I build from the tree. I assume it's related to src/Makefile.am

if WITH_DTRACE
libvirt_la_BUILT_LIBADD += probes.o

and maybe it expects some .lo instead, but I'm not sure how to tweak
this correctly :)

  Anyway, please check that rc2 too. Eric do you think you will be able
to fix the missing 'ptsname_r' in gnulib in time or should we make a
small workaround for platforms lacking it for the release ?