[libvirt] "make rpm" failing with git head on RHEL6

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Tue Nov 8 09:37:07 UTC 2011

On 08/11/2011, at 8:19 PM, Wen Congyang wrote:
<snip>
> I seems that NEWS is not included in dist on your machine.
>
> Here is my Makefile:
>
> DIST_COMMON = README $(am__configure_deps) $(srcdir)/Makefile.am \
>        $(srcdir)/Makefile.in $(srcdir)/config.h.in \
>        $(srcdir)/libvirt.pc.in $(srcdir)/libvirt.spec.in \
>        $(srcdir)/mingw32-libvirt.spec.in $(top_srcdir)/configure \
>        ABOUT-NLS AUTHORS COPYING COPYING.LIB ChangeLog INSTALL NEWS \
>        TODO build-aux/compile build-aux/config.guess \
>        build-aux/config.rpath build-aux/config.sub build-aux/depcomp \
>        build-aux/install-sh build-aux/ltmain.sh build-aux/mdate-sh \
>        build-aux/missing build-aux/mkinstalldirs \
>        build-aux/texinfo.tex
>
> The DIST_COMMON contains NEWS.
>
> Does DIST_COMMON contain NEWS in your Makefile?

Thanks. :)

Found the problem with the NEWS file.  It's because libxslt wasn't installed.

Turns out the "NEWS" makefile target silently fails if it's missing.
i.e. even "make NEWS" doesn't report an error

Still haven't found out the problem with probes.h though.  Now looking at
that again.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

--