[libvirt] "make rpm" failing with git head on RHEL6

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Fri Nov 18 22:54:14 UTC 2011

On 11/09/2011 05:12 AM, Justin Clift wrote:

> On another note, Eric, do you reckon it's possible to add the XHTML1 DTDs to maintainer
> requirements?
>
> Without them, generation of the html docs fails at the validation stage.

Good idea, but I'm not quite sure how, yet.  Requiring xmllint is easy
(one line addition on bootstrap.conf), because bootstrap can check if
'xmllint --version' succeeds; but I think the only way to know if XHTML1
DTDs are present is to run the non-trivial:
 xmlcatalog /etc/xml/catalog "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"

at any rate, that's how docs/Makefile.am is testing, and it boils down
to the fact that DTDs are data files referenced by an existing
executable, rather than something that you can tell by mere presence of
probing --version of an executable.

But I think I can come up with something.