[libvirt] Expose qemu monitor command query_block?

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Mon Oct 24 09:13:26 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 05:10:08PM +0800, Osier Yang wrote:
> Command "query-block" is only used internally for medium's
> checking before migration currently. Should we expose it
> as a public API, such as virDomainQueryBlock (or a qemu
> specific API, virDomainQemuQueryBlock)?
>
> It has enough useful infomation which user may care out,
> such as "io-status", "locked", "removable", "inserted". And
> perhaps more info in future.

Most of this is information already available via the XML description.
The problem is that we're not being notified by QEMU when some of
these things change, so we're unable to update the XML. Applications
should not have to poll on a "query block" like  API to get this kind
of info - we should be notifying them instead.