[libvirt] "Connection does not support host device enumeration"

Kaushal Shriyan kaushalshriyan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 00:02:54 UTC 2011

2011/9/27 Osier Yang <jyang at redhat.com>:
> 于 2011年09月27日 01:13, Kaushal Shriyan 写道:
>
> Hi, Kaushal
>
> I don't use CentOS, so don't known it, though I guess it's
> the intention or mistake of the packager.
>
> you can compile from the source code youself.
>
> # rpm -qi libvirt
>
> You will see the version you use currently, and get the same
> source tarball from http://libvirt.org/sources/ to compile.
>
> Of course, you can download newer source to compile, but
> it may also need newer dependency packages. So compiling
> from the same version is the easiest way. :-)
>
> If you really don't want to compile yourself, just file a bug
> to CentOS, guess the packger will help you do it.
>
> Regards,
> Osier
>

> Hi Osier
>
> Can you please point me to the rpm version which has hal and udev
> flags enabled by default for CentOS 5.6 ?
>
> Regards
>
> Kaushal
>
> On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 10:22 AM, Osier Yang <jyang at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> 于 2011年09月22日 12:46, Osier Yang 写道:
>
> 于 2011年09月22日 12:41, Kaushal Shriyan 写道:
>
> On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 9:41 AM, Osier Yang <jyang at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> 于 2011年09月22日 09:11, Kaushal Shriyan 写道:
>
> does not support host device enumeration
>
> Seems your libvirt is compiled without --with-hal and
> --with-udev
>
> Regards
> Osier
>
> Hi Osier
>
> Thanks for the reply. Please let me know how do i enable this feature
> since its a binary package installed on CentOS 5.6 x86_64
> architecture.
>
> You need to re-compile from the source if that's true.
>
> http://libvirt.org/compiling.html
>
> To make sure get your wanted, specifying --with-hal/--with-udev explicitly
> with "yes" will help.
>

> Regards,
> Osier
>

> --

Hi Osier,

Is there libudev-devel or udev-devel package available on CentOS 5.6 ?

[root@~]# yum search udev-devel
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
 * base: centos.aol.in
 * extras: centos.aol.in
 * updates: centos.aol.in
base

  | 1.1 kB     00:00
extras

  | 2.1 kB     00:00
updates

  | 1.9 kB     00:00
Warning: No matches found for: udev-devel
No Matches found
[root@~]# yum search libudev-devel
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
 * base: centos.aol.in
 * extras: centos.aol.in
 * updates: centos.aol.in
Warning: No matches found for: libudev-devel
No Matches found
[root@~]#

Please suggest further and also it seems like this package is not
available in CentOS 5.6

Regards

Kaushal