[libvirt] [Libvirt-announce] Release of libvirt-0.9.11

Jason Helfman jhelfman at e-e.com
Wed Apr 4 14:56:42 UTC 2012

>>> The OSX version is now available through Homebrew too. :)
>>>
>>> + Justin
>>>

>> I just updated libvirt for FreeBSD, too.
>>
>> Justin - we should work together in getting things going in bsdland :)
>
> Heh, it's a good thought in theory, but I'm probably not able to really
> add much value. :(
>
> Not a C coder any more, and it's been *years* since I last looked at
> *BSD... Not really all that personally interested in picking it up
> again any time soon. (sorry)
>
> I like the feel of BSD in usage, it's just I'm kind of overloaded with
> my existing stuff at the moment. ;)
>
> Don't take this as discouragement btw, I reckon your work on getting the
> BSD side of libvirt working well is a good, worthwhile effort. :)
>
> Regards and best wishes,
>
> Justin Clift

No worries. I'm not a C coder at all. Most of my efforts are rounding up
others to add support. A Call for Help.

Efforts so far have yielding adding support for networking, netcf, and an
additional hypervisor into libvirt. Here is a link to the hypervisor:
http://callfortesting.org/bhyve/

This week I am making an effort to work with the qemu and xen folks over
here to see if they have any thoughts on what it would take to get support
into libvirt for the FreeBSD side of things.

-jgh