[libvirt] Multithreading crash on Win32

Marcel Müller marcel-mueller at gmx.de
Sun Apr 8 16:31:03 UTC 2012

Hello everyone,

I’m using libvirt 0.9.11 on a Windows machine with java bindings. This works
fine, as long as the application is single threaded. As soon as I switch
over to more threads libvirt crashes most of the time (but not always!).

I’ve tried to track down the issue, but I’m at a loss now. Please see
attached file for debug info.

What I’ve found out so far:

-          It looks like this happens only on Win32 (Win 7 x64), Linux
(Debian Squeeze) looks fine so far

-          It’s crashing in src/rpc/virnetsocket.c at the end of
virNetSocketNewConnectTCP when calling “freeaddrinfo(ai)”. “ai” is not a
null value here, I’ve checked that.

I’m not sure how to debug this any further.

Hope someone has an idea on that.

Best Regards,

Marcel