[libvirt] the arguments of qemudDispatchServerEvent

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Tue Aug 14 16:23:52 UTC 2012

On 08/14/2012 09:35 AM, mzawdx wang wrote:
> Hi all:
>        I am now reading the source codes of libvirt with version 0.9.2 ,

You'd be better off investigating the source code of libvirt.git (the
current development is working towards 0.10.0 as the successor to the
released 0.9.13); 0.9.2 is quite old.

> and be stuck by the function "qemudDispatchServerEvent". as you can see:
> static void
> qemudDispatchServerEvent(int watch, int fd, int events, void *opaque) {

In fact, in the meantime, this function was deleted in commit df0b57a95
(0.9.3) as part of using a newer RPC framework under src/rpc.

> }
>
> My question is : except for the argument "void *opaque", when and how the
> other three arguments (int watch, int fd, int events) being incoming ?
>
> For it is a static function, I look through the source file "libvirt.c" and
> find no answer .
> Could someone give me a help ?

If you insist on debugging 0.9.2, look at
daemon/libvirtd.c:qemudNetworkEnable, which passes the address of
qemudDispatchServerEvent as a callback pointer to virEventAddHandle.
Thus, any time a poll() on the connection socket completes,
qemudDispatchServerEvent() will be called with the information learned
from that poll.  In particular,
src/util/event_poll.c:virEventPollDispatchTimeouts() is a location that
calls the callback function.