[libvirt] Heads up 0.10.1 release on Friday

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Fri Aug 31 06:36:07 UTC 2012

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 08:44:57PM +0200, Guido Günther wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 11:19:42PM +0800, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> >   I was a bit afraid of the .0 effect on release name, but we really
> > have a number of problem with 0.10.0 that ought to be fixed in a
> > "brown paper bag" release. I would urge people to report and try to
> > fix the problem being raised in 0.10.0, let's try to get them fixed
> > today or tomorrow and I will cut a new release on Friday,
> >
> >   Sorry about that, but somehow we didn't managed to catch even serious
> > problem during the freeze, at some point we need to fix the problem of
> > testing the code that we push on git on a daily basis, we have many
> > tools but we lack at doing the continuous testing :-\
>
> Would setting up Jenkins to trigger libvirt-tck either on commit or
> nightly help?

 Definitely !!!

> I could try to find some free time to do this.

 To be honnest i was thinking for months of doing something like that
but i don't have a good infrastructure. Where would Jenkins run ?
what kind of hardware set would be needed etc ?

> It's a bit tricky since we'd be testing libvirt, libvirt-tck, Sys-virt
> and Qemu at once but it might be worth a try to get us more continous
> testing.

  It is tricky. There is also libvirt testing being added to autotest
in the kernel, there is also the libvirt-test-API regression suite,
but most of that requires set of machines, which i don't really have
on libvirt.org domain, i could do that at home but that would be behind
my firewall ...

  What did you have in mind in terms of setup ?
  I'm all ears !