[libvirt] libvirt current git & F18

Jim Fehlig jfehlig at suse.com
Thu Dec 6 18:22:51 UTC 2012

Gene Czarcinski wrote:
> Anyone know of problems with the libvirt based on today's git and
> Fedora 18.  Trying to rebuild some rpms which build fine on Fedora 17
> fail on Fedora 18.  It appears that it may be related to xen-devel.

Fedora 18 has Xen 4.2 right?  If you have xen-devel installed, the
configure script will detect and enable the libxl driver, which was
written against Xen 4.1 libxl.  But Xen 4.2 libxl is incompatible with
4.1 libxl, so your build will fail.  I have a patch to convert the
driver to Xen 4.2 libxl

https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2012-November/msg01582.html

You can disable building the driver in the meantime with --without-libxl.

Regards,
Jim