[libvirt] virDomainSetMetadata --> qemuDomainSetMetadata

SHAH, Ronak (Ronak R) ronak_r.shah at alcatel-lucent.com
Mon Dec 10 23:33:34 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have requirement to add <metadata> tag into the libvirt XML from the application.
While calling virDomainSetMetadata which internally call qemuDomainSetMetadata (correct me here if I am wrong),
I am getting following error:

qemuDomainSetMetdata:12623 : argument unsupported: QEMU driver does not support<metadata> element

Support for setting and getting <metadata> with special namespace is deliberately added in 0.9.10 of libvirt and I am using 0.9.13.
I am surprise that the internal qemu driver is still cribbing out it.

I am passing following in my call:

Type : VIR_DOMAIN_METADATA_ELEMENT
Metadata: "<desc> Some Desc </desc>"

Key: "Ronak"