[libvirt] [Libvirt-announce] Entering freeze for libvirt-1.0.1

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Wed Dec 12 19:03:05 UTC 2012

On 12/12/2012, at 7:50 PM, Eric Blake wrote:
> [dropping libvirt-announce]
>
> On 12/12/2012 11:44 AM, Justin Clift wrote:
>> On 12/12/2012, at 3:55 AM, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>>> As planned I have just tagged the tree and pushed a release candidate
>>> 1 tarball and assorted rpms to
>>> ftp://libvirt.org/libvirt/
>>>
>>> If everything goes well, I will push an rc2 on Friday incorporating
>>> the various fixes found in the meantime and plan to push the final
>>> release early Monday 17.
>>>
>>> Give it a try, report problems you may hit,
>>
>> This is barfing on OSX Lion (10.7.5) with:

>>  CC     libvirt_util_la-virkeycode.lo
>>  CC     libvirt_util_la-virkeyfile.lo
>> util/virinitctl.c:104:1: error: bit-field '_gl_verify_error_if_negative' has negative width (-1)
>> verify(sizeof(struct virInitctlRequest) == 384);
>> ^
>

>> The 1.0.0 release of Libvirt compiles ok, so this is
>> definitely something new.
>>
>> Anyone have ideas? :)
>
> Yes, and it should be fixed once Roman's patches go in:
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2012-December/msg00697.html

Excellent. :)

Just took a look at those patches, and I'm kind of wondering if they
might be a lead in for libvirt to work with QEMU on OSX.

_Apparently_ QEMU does work in some fashion, though I've never
actually tried it.  Might give it a shot in a bit, see what happens.

One can hope. ;>

+ Justin

--
Aeolus Cloud Evangelist