[libvirt] No VirtualBox Driver

Arslan Waqar animecrazy71 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 08:07:29 UTC 2012

Hey Peter,

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 12:42 PM, Peter Krempa <pkrempa at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 12/17/12 07:40, Arslan Waqar wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>

> Hi Arslan,
>

>> I am new to the group and hence there might be a chance I might be
>> asking a simple question...
>>
>> The thing is I compiled and installed libvirt from git. Then in my
>> terminal window I started virsh. It started. Then since I had Virtual
>> Box installed on my machine I ran "connect vbox:///session". Once I did
>> this I got two errors which said:
>> error: Failed to connect to the hypervisor
>> error: internal error unable to initialize VirtualBox driver API
>>

> What version of VirtualBox are you using? The support for Vbox 4.2 wasn't
> committed yet to the tree as it lacks feedback from the users. If you have
> VirtualBox 4.2 and are willing to test the patches for that it would be
> really helpful.
>

>> I am unable to resolve this issue...Any input is welcome!
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Arslan Waqar.
>>

> Peter
>

>> --

I do have Virtual Box 4.2 and I am willing to test ... So please do send me
instructions on how to get going. If there are any specific use cases which
need to be testet then do send them to me... (BTW, I have some important
VMs on VirtualBox, should I be worried about them while testing?)

Also while installing I got the errors related to xhtml1-dtds ... I read
quite a lot on it on
http://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2009-November/msg00430.html and
turns out this problem is not present in Fedora, it occurs in Ubuntu almost
every time, because ubuntu does not have xhtml1-dtds package. Now, because
of this will I face any problem? if so then what exactly, and how to solve
it...Also is there a workaround for it...?

Arslan Waqar.