[libvirt] [PATCHv4 0/2] qemu: eliminate "Ignoring open failure" (virFileOpenAs)
laine at laine.org
Thu Feb 2 06:36:03 UTC 2012
I believe this version addresses all the issues Eric raised in his
review of V3, *except* those that we agreed should be left for a later patch.
Patch 2/2 is unchanged all the way since v1.
Patch 1/2 has the following changes from V3:
* The "last ditch attempt to open the file in the parent process after
failing with fork+setuid is done only if VIR_FILE_OPEN_NOFORK is
false (meaning that it wasn't already tried). fchmod/fchown is then
performed if necessary.
* fchmod is only attempted after checking the file's current
permissions and seeing that they don't match what is desired.
* fchown and fchmod stuff is moved into a helper function that's
called from 3 places.
* fixed typos, added command about uid & gid no longer being "-1"
Items *NOT* addressed:
* eliminate log messages in child process
* figure out how to have qemuOpenFile call virFileOpenAs just once
* switch from use of waitpid to virPidWait() (and use of
virPidAbort() to cause the child to terminate when an error is
encountered while waiting for an fd from the child.
* figure out when it is appropriate to unlink the file on failure.
* move virFileOpenAs (and several other functions) to virfile.c
More information about the libvir-list