[libvirt] [Bug] [vbox-driver] attach-device

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Thu Feb 9 22:53:44 UTC 2012

On 02/09/2012 03:21 AM, Gravok wrote:
> Hi,
>
> using the version from git I can't attach devices
> to my domain (using attach-device) neither using the virsh or a language binding.
>
> In both cases it throws a OutOfMemory exception.
>
> It gets thrown in vbox_tmpl.c:5340, although I got 7gb of RAM left.

Line numbers without corresponding function names makes it hard to tell
if I'm looking at the same place of code.  Stating which commit id you
actually tested makes the report a bit more reliable.  But in commit
612fd157, that line of vbox_tmpl.c really is after a VIR_ALLOC; at which
point I have to suspect that you are either out of memory or we have a
heap corruption bug that has corrupted the malloc arena.

> Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug ?

Most likely, a bug, but to be sure, we'd need to know what XML string
you are passing to attach-device, and you might also want to run things
through valgrind to see if we really are smashing the heap in your
particular case.