[libvirt] availability of rc2 for 0.9.10

Paolo Bonzini pbonzini at redhat.com
Mon Feb 13 13:24:05 UTC 2012

On 02/08/2012 07:59 AM, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>     ftp://libvirt.org/libvirt/libvirt-0.9.10-rc2.tar.gz
> the rpms are available too and the git tree is tagged.
>
>   Hopefully that one is more usable, and I'm still hoping for a
> release on Monday,

Osier and I discussed SCSI addressing today.  It looks like there is a
risk of having backwards-incompatible changes to the addressing of
spapr-vscsi and virtio-scsi LUNs in 0.9.11.  This is because the
implicit addressing of SCSI devices misuses the "unit" element for the
SCSI target.

If there is still time, could you revert commit c9abfad (qemu: add
virtio-scsi controller model, 2012-01-13) and commit 7b345b6 (qemu: add
ibmvscsi controller model, 2012-01-13) from 0.9.10?  Osier then can
resubmit them together with his work on SCSI addresses.

Paolo