[libvirt] ANNOUNCE: libvirt-glib release 0.0.5

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Mon Feb 20 17:00:35 UTC 2012

 am pleased to announce that a new release of the libvirt-glib package,
version 0.0.4 is now available from

  ftp://libvirt.org/libvirt/glib/

The packages are GPG signed with

    Key fingerprint: DAF3 A6FD B26B 6291 2D0E  8E3F BE86 EBB4 1510 4FDF (4096R)

New in this release:

- Require libvirt >= 0.9.10
- Fix error after finishing a stream
- Use G_PARAM_STATIC_STRINGS
- Add config for readonly disks
- Add config for description/metadata
- Fix type when creating storage volumes
- Remove some bogus g_error usage
- Import GNULIB's compiler warning flags support & fix
  problems
- Add API for resizing storage volumes
- Add API to check if a domain is saved
- Add config for disk cache method
- Add APIs to get node information
- Add flags for deleting domains

libvirt-glib comprises three distinct libraries:

   - libvirt-glib    - Integrate with the GLib event loop and error handling
   - libvirt-gconfig - Representation of libvirt XML documents as GObjects
   - libvirt-gobject - Mapping of libvirt APIs into the GObject type system

NB: While libvirt aims to be API/ABI stable, for the first few releases,
we are *NOT* guaranteeing that libvirt-glib libraries are API/ABI stable.
ABI stability will only be guaranteed once the bulk of the APIs have been
fleshed out and proved in non-trivial application usage. We anticipate
this will be within the next 6 months in order to line up with Fedora 17.

Follow up comments about libvirt-glib should be directed to the regular
libvir-list redhat com development list.

Thanks to all the people involved in contributing to this release.