[libvirt] RFC: Post-install behavior of libvirt(-client)

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Thu Feb 23 15:23:48 UTC 2012

On 02/23/2012 07:25 AM, Martin Kletzander wrote:

> To me it seems more reasonable to just don't start anything. I don't
> want any service on my system started just because I installed it.

I think we've reached a state of violent agreement :)

> I'm not talking about enabling, that's something else. For this I think
> it can be left as is as default configuration is only local for all
> installed services (am I right?).

Enabled by default is fine.  That means the user has to either reboot or
manually start things when first installing, but thereafter, the service
starts at boot.

> So to summarize it. Please tell me if I can remove the parts of the
> %post script dealing with starting services.

Yes, and I will gladly ACK such patches.

Thanks for tackling this, and for making me do further research onto
Fedora packaging guidelines.