[libvirt] Need your help with virsh desc

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Wed Feb 29 08:18:02 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 03:08:30AM -0500, Zhimou Peng wrote:
> Hi Eric,
> I discussed this in my team.
> And i don't think refuse newlines is a good idea. Description can contains several lines is better.
> I agree with you of the second one, keep the format of user's input is better(virt-manager shows description too).
> And i need more information from upstream libvirt list, pls help.

  I completely agree with Eric here, the description is user data
and we cannot modify it. Now what you want is a short description
i.e. a title and that was added in 0.9.10

  http://libvirt.org/git/?p=libvirt.git;a=commit;h=b79ba8382e2205c416d7c4836ac9ee08c72e2c56

  use that construct instead but don't ask us to modify description
because it is in use already for complex use case and I will definitely
not modify that data on input, it would be a terrible regression.