[libvirt] [libvirt-glib] Correct namespace prefix for GVirConfig symbols

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) zeeshanak at gnome.org
Tue Jan 3 18:47:02 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 6:24 PM, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
<zeeshanak at gnome.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 6:06 PM, Christophe Fergeau <cfergeau at redhat.com> wrote:

>>>   *Mostly*, yes! During all these vacation, I lost track of which
>>> change exactly triggers this issue but it was some new API you added
>>> to the lib. Do you really need me to find out which one was it?
>>
>> Well, you're trying to push a huge invasive change, it would be helpful to
>> know understand what problems exactly you are having without this change so
>> that an informed decision can be made...
>
>  I already provided the needed information: vala gets confused
> because of the inconsistency in the API. Even if vala doesn't get
> confused, the inconsistency is a problem and will most definitely
> cause issues later so it needs to be resolved anyway. I also presented
> all the possible solutions to the problem (including yours) and showed
> the issues with every one of them but the one I provided. What exactly
> would the exact error from valac tell you that I haven't already told?

  So FWIW I found the patch in Boxes that causes a problem with current API:

https://bugzilla.gnome.org/attachment.cgi?id=204140&action=edit

  Compiling that patch should lead you to this:

vm-configurator.c: In function ‘boxes_vm_configurator_set_video_config’:
vm-configurator.c:713:62: error: ‘GVIR_TYPE_DOMAIN_VIDEO_MODEL’
undeclared (first use in this function)
vm-configurator.c:713:62: note: each undeclared identifier is reported
only once for each function it appears in
vm-configurator.c: In function ‘boxes_vm_configurator_set_sound_config’:
vm-configurator.c:758:62: error: ‘GVIR_TYPE_DOMAIN_SOUND_MODEL’
undeclared (first use in this function)
vm-configurator.c: In function ‘boxes_vm_configurator_set_tablet_config’:
vm-configurator.c:804:62: error: ‘GVIR_TYPE_DOMAIN_INPUT_BUS’
undeclared (first use in this function)

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124

P.S. It needs your recently patches to libvirt-glib.