[libvirt] kvm-qemu emulator problem

Michal Novotny minovotn at redhat.com
Thu Jan 5 10:44:04 UTC 2012

On 01/05/2012 11:43 AM, Pankaj Rawat wrote:
> I created a xml file guestfvd.xml
>
> Then I made changes as u specified
> And when run command
>

> [root at localhost qemu]# virsh start guestfvd
> error: failed to get domain 'guestfvd'
> error: Domain not found: no domain with matching name 'guestfvd'
>

> Now this error make sence since we have'nt created a guest yet how can
> we start such one.
> Please correct me if I'm wrong
> Can you help me on this

You forgot to define it first ;-) You have to define it using "virsh
define guestfvd.xml" first and then start :-) The name of what guest to
start have to be the same as the one in "//domain/name" node of xPath
query applied to the XML file.

Michal

--
Michal Novotny <minovotn at redhat.com>, RHCE, Red Hat
Virtualization | libvirt-php bindings | php-virt-control.org