[libvirt] RFC: Compiling out SSL support

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Thu Jan 12 12:49:41 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 01:43:29PM +0100, Mikhail Gusarov wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Attached is the RFC version of patch (against old version of
> libvirt) which compiles out support for SSL encryption on libvirt
> connections.
>
> It is meant only to provoke a discussion whether such option is
> deemed acceptable to libvirt, or it would be a complete waste of
> time to rebase this patch to current git and improve it by disabling
> other SSL-related functionality.
>
> The motivation behind the change: making possible to configure
> libvirt to rely on absolute minimum of other libraries. Resulting
> configuration ought to connect to local libvirt daemon through Unix
> sockets.

This is desirable, but I never bothered to do it on the old
libvirt RPC code, because it was such a tangled mess that I
thought the resulting #ifdef conditionals would be quite
unpleasant. Your patch shows that it isn't as bad as I thought
it would be.

With our new RPC code, the TLS stuff is quite well separated
from the rest of the code, so I think I'd be happy to accept
a patch to make TLS optional with latest libvirt GIT trees.