[libvirt] [libvirt-glib] API to get/set custom metadata from/to domain config

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Mon Jan 23 17:09:24 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 04:53:40PM +0200, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 1:01 PM, Christophe Fergeau <cfergeau at redhat.com> wrote:
> > I wouldn't make this recursive, I'd just set the namespace on the root
> > node in case users of the API want to use different namespaces in the xml
> > they embed in the domain.
>
> Ah good point but OTOH we should ensure that no node in the XML is
> using non/default namespace so maybe we should just set it for every
> node that doesn't have a namespace already?

As far as we are concerned, having the root node namespaced is all we care
about, so I wouldn't touch the internal nodes unless we have a very good
reason for that.

> > Hmm seeing this loop, gvir_config_object_foreach_child could even be used
> > here with a small helper struct returning the value.
>
> Sure but IMHO code is simpler this way.
[..]

> But we are not create a GVirConfigObject here at all.

See the upcoming patch, though it seems most of what we are doing here may
move to libvirt...

> P.S. Not replying to comments I agree with.

eh, this PS was well hidden, I'm only seeing it now :)

Christophe