[libvirt] question about save/restore domain

Jovanka Gulicoska jovanka.gulicoska at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 12:42:01 UTC 2012

Hi,

my name is Jovanka Gulicoska and I'm SoC student. I'm working on
implementing save/load of VM in Gnome-Boxes.
Something confused me about snapshots. In the documentation about life
cycle, in section about Save/Restore is said that domain saved with
virDomainSave/virDomainSaveFlags can be restored only once. But in the
documentation about Snapshot XML format there is no information about this
in VM state snapshots.
So is it better just to use virDomainSnapshotCreateXML instead of
virDomainSave/virDomainSaveFlags?
I've created bindings for this functions in libvirt-glib but I wanted to be
sure before I send them for review.

Thanks,
Jovanka (gulic)