[libvirt] [Patch v2 3/3] apparmor: QEMU bridge helper policy updates

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Tue Jul 31 16:06:26 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 11:26:05AM -0400, Corey Bryant wrote:

> At this point I wonder if we might be able to get away with no XML
> modifications since we know that we only want to attempt to run the
> helper when libvirt is running unprivileged.

I certainly don't expect there to be any changes to the XML for the
purposes of supporting this QEMU bridge helper proxy. It should be
automatically used when type=bridge or type=network on the
<interface>, as a private implementation detail of libvirt not
exposed to applications in the XML. When libvirt changes to
separate its nework setup code out of libvirtd, then we will be able
to transparently stop using the proxy helper.