[libvirt] Schedule of next release

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Tue Jun 5 14:04:30 UTC 2012

  I just looked and we are at 142 patches since the 0.9.12 release.
If we were to keep the 1 month between releases schedule we would need
to enter freeze at the end of the week, and that mean a relatively small
release next. So I suggests to delay the release by 2 more weeks which
also has the advantage to get back to the end of the month deadline
which is easy to remember. So unless there is a pressing issue to
make a release soon which I don't know about, let's plan to enter freeze
around Jun 22 for a release at the end of month.

  As a note it seems that the rate of changes to libvirt is decreasing
a bit (see http://veillard.com/commits_by_year_month.png which I
generated at the end of may with gitstats) so maybe we should start
planning for slighty longuer release cycles. Let's see how the trend
evolves, but I doubt the rate wil increase over the summer :-)