[libvirt] make dist failed

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Wed Jun 13 02:25:46 UTC 2012

On 06/12/2012 07:21 PM, Wen Congyang wrote:

>> Can you give the steps to reproduce it?  I'm assuming this was a fresh
>> git clone, in-tree build, ./autogen.sh with no special options, on
>> GNU/Linux with dtrace available?
>
> Steps to reproduce it:
> 1. use 'git clone' to get a clean tree
> 2. ./autogen.sh
> 3. make dist

As a workaround, does:

./autogen.sh && make && make dist

always work?

We really shouldn't need to compile a file for a virgin 'make dist' to
work, but now I have enough information to repeat it.  It may be a while
before I have a clean solution, though, since every thing I try implies
nuking my tree and starting from a fresh clone module my patch attempt.

> I revert some commits and test the building. I find that this problem is
> introduced by the commit 7bff56a0d1514cb955eb14adc14281626e80e96c.

That was fixing real bugs, but I'm not surprised that other latent bugs
were exposed in the process.