[libvirt] [Spice-devel] RFC: spice-server default listen behaviour change

Gerd Hoffmann kraxel at redhat.com
Fri Jun 15 10:44:04 UTC 2012

On 06/15/12 12:00, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 11:48:28AM +0200, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
>>   Hi,
>>
>>> * new spice-server feature: add option to bind to a selected interface
>>> regardless of its addresses
>>
>> How does that work?
>
> I presume the client app would request    listen=eth0, and the QEMU
> would have to call getifaddrs() to determine what IP addresses
> currently correspond to eth0.

Ah, so there isn't a direct way I'm not aware of, you still bind to a
specific ip address (or multiple), just specified in a different way ;)

Note that supporting this isn't going to work with a single listening
socket.  Having ipv6 sockets accept ipv4 connects too works for wildcard
sockets only.  If you want listening on all ip{v4,v6} addresses of an
interface you'll need a listening socket for each.

cheers,
  Gerd