[libvirt] Accessing VM by only specigied users.

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Wed Jun 27 12:41:12 UTC 2012

On 06/27/2012 04:35 AM, Pankaj Rawat wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I want to access vm via noon-root user.
>
> To explain my scenario :
> Suppose I have following VM
> VM1,VM2,VM3,VM4
>
> I want
> User1  access  VM1 only
> User2  access  VM2 only
> User3  access  VM3 only
> User4  access  VM4 only

As long as exactly one user ever needs to access a given VM, then we
have a solution: use qemu:///session (although getting networking to
work with qemu:///session is interesting).  But if you want more than
one user to interact with a VM while still limiting things according to
uid, then you'll have to wait for Daniel Berrange's patch series adding
fine-grained access control to be incorporated; it's still a work in
progress probably several months away from general availability.

This disclaimer is unenforceable on an publicly-archived list.  Please
consider using a personal account instead of your employer's account to
avoid spamming the list with poor netiquette legalese.