[libvirt] Turning off libvirtd mdns by default

Stef Walter stefw at gnome.org
Tue Mar 27 09:29:15 UTC 2012

On 2012-03-27 11:17, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> Actually, it is possible to remotely connect to any libvirtd instance
> using an SSH tunnel, which works out of the box. Only the direct,
> non-tunnelled TLS/SASL based connections require manual setup.

Doesn't this require setting installing an ssh server on your machine?
openssh-server doesn't seem to be installed/enabled by default on many
(most?) distros, including Fedora.

In addition doesn't this only work when you ssh as root to the box that
the libvirtd instance is running on? I couldn't get this working with my
user account and a qemu-ssh uri. I'm probably missing something ...

>> I hope that makes sense. Let me know if I've gotten something wrong.
>>
>> Would you accept a patch to do this? Or would you suggest that we
>> try and do this downstream in the Fedora/RHEL packages instead?
>
> Our policy for Fedora / RHEL is to not change upstream behaviour, so this
> kind of policy decision should be resolved here.

Okay, good to know.

Cheers,

Stef