[libvirt] Start of freeze for libvirt-0.9.11 and availability of rc1

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Sat Mar 31 11:56:11 UTC 2012

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 10:32:23AM +0800, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>   As scheduled, we are entering the freeze for 0.9.11.
> I think most API additions are now commited to git upstream (please
> raise your voice quickly if you see something missing !)
>
> I have made a release candidate 1 tarball (and associated rpms) at
>    ftp://libvirt.org/libvirt/libvirt-0.9.11-rc1.tar.gz
> and the git tree is tagged.
>
> I think I will make an release candidate 2 tarball on Wednesday, and
> I'm hoping for a final release on Friday, or maybe Monday if there are
> issues found.
>
>  Please give it a try ! Stability and portability feedback are really
> welcome as we didn't had a release in Feb and the risk of having
> something messed up is slightly higher than usual !

  Thanks everybody for the feedback,
sorry I have been sick this week, and didn't pushed rc2 mid week as
scheduled. I juts made the second release candidate

  ftp://libvirt.org/libvirt/libvirt-0.9.11-rc2.tar.gz

along with the rpms and tagged the git tree.

 It seems to work okay in my limited testing. If all goes well I would
probably push on Tuesday,

  thanks in advance !