[libvirt] FYI: Getting rid of gettextize cruft

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed May 9 14:52:18 UTC 2012

In libguestfs, we recently got rid of gettextize (or rather, we got
rid of the po/Makefile* cruft that gettextize produces).

We replaced it with a very simple 100 line Makefile.am which does the
same thing, without the many bugs and problems caused by gettextize
and autopoint:

Final po/Makefile.am:

https://github.com/libguestfs/libguestfs/blob/75514ab57a06e534f26698fe1725ca29b966c3ad/po/Makefile.am

Patches to remove gettextize cruft:

https://github.com/libguestfs/libguestfs/commit/6aa95e87c1f259589ff9c7812707e4b30b8f6fd7
https://github.com/libguestfs/libguestfs/commit/75514ab57a06e534f26698fe1725ca29b966c3ad

Is this something that libvirt would be interested in?

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v