[libvirt] [Libvirt-announce] ANNOUNCE: libvirt 0.9.11.3 maintenance release

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Thu May 17 16:50:03 UTC 2012

On 05/16/2012 04:36 PM, Cole Robinson wrote:
> On 05/16/2012 05:50 PM, Eric Blake wrote:
>> On 05/06/2012 12:26 PM, Cole Robinson wrote:
>>> libvirt 0.9.11.3 maintenance release is now available (actually,
>>> available since April 27 but I neglected to send this mail). This is
>>> libvirt 0.9.11 with additional bugfixes that have accumulated
>>> upstream since the initial release.
>>>
>>> This release can be downloaded at:
>>>
>>> http://libvirt.org/sources/stable_updates/libvirt-0.9.11.3.tar.gz
>>
>> This is great for Fedora 17.  But right now, there are still several
>> open bugs for Fedora 16.  Would anyone object to the creation of the
>> v0.9.6-maint branch, which starts out with cherry-picks of the same
>> infrastructure as 0.9.11-maint in order to prepare for an 0.9.6.1
>> release?  I'm prepared to make the first round of patches if this sounds
>> reasonable.
>>

> That sounds great to me, I can't imagine others would object either.

I have now created the v0.9.6-maint branch, and synced it up to the
point of the Fedora 0.9.6-6 build.  I applied the 21 patches that have
already been backported to F16, omitting Fedora-specific patches 15
(only affects Fedora) and 23 (a one-liner Fedora specific change instead
of properly backporting upstream spec file changes).  I then backported
several additional patch to get a clean 'make distcheck' run, including
a few patches from the v0.9.11-maint branch (note that I did _not_
cherry-pick every single patch from v0.9.11-maint, since some of those
were patches to issues present in 0.9.11 but not even coded in 0.9.6).

I did not check for any other patches that are worth backporting before
cutting the 0.9.6.1 release; doing that would require reading through
open Fedora F16 bugs to see what people have identified as backporting
candidates.  But at least this should be enough to help Cole get started
on an F16 build.