[libvirt] [libvirt-glib 2/3] Add host capabilities API

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Wed May 9 16:39:09 UTC 2012

On Wed, May 09, 2012 at 05:01:25PM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> Opps, no I was meaning  /domain/cpu/feature  here, which is the
> same schem as /capabilities/host/cpu/feature.

Ah thanks, that clears things up.

> I forgot there was also a /domain/features  which corresponds
> to /capabilities/guest/features

Ok, this means gvir_config_domain_get_features should return a GList of
GVirConfigCapabilitiesGuestFeature instead of raw char *, and
gvir_config_domain_cpu_get_features (or whatever it's called, this does not
exist yet) would return GVirConfigCapabilitiesCpuFeature?

> > I'm left with /capabilities/host/cpu/features (which correspond to
>
> Doh, I completely forgot about that. This is basically a bit of
> legacy XML, which isn't even really used. It would only ever
> be used to set 'pae', 'nonpae', 'vmx', or 'svm' flags. This is
> the same kind of info as /capabilities/guest/features and also
> /domain/features.
>
> The new /capabilities/host/cpu/feature is a superset of this info

I guess libvirt-glib does not need to parse it if it's legacy?

Thanks,

Christophe