[libvirt] ANNOUNCE: libvirt 0.9.11.3 maintenance release

Jim Fehlig jfehlig at suse.com
Tue May 15 21:28:08 UTC 2012

Cole Robinson wrote:
> libvirt 0.9.11.3 maintenance release is now available (actually,
> available since April 27 but I neglected to send this mail). This is
> libvirt 0.9.11 with additional bugfixes that have accumulated
> upstream since the initial release.
>
> This release can be downloaded at:
>
> http://libvirt.org/sources/stable_updates/libvirt-0.9.11.3.tar.gz
>
> List of changes since libvirt-0.9.11.2:
>
> * Stable release 0.9.11.3
> * python: Fix doc directory name for stable releases
> * docs: Serialize running apibuild.py
> * configure: Use ustar format for dist tarball
> * qemu: improve errors related to offline domains
> * nwfilter: address more coverity findings
> * nwfilter: address coverity findings
> * util: fix error messages in virNetlinkEventServiceStart
>
> For info about past maintenance releases, see:
>
> http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Maintenance_Releases

FYI, when configuring libvirt --with_hal and --without_ udev I'm seeing
the following build failure

Making all in src
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/packages/BUILD/libvirt-0.9.11.3/src'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `libvirt_dbus.syms', needed by
`libvirt.syms'.  Stop.

It seems commit 372a14c6 should not have been backported to the stable
branch without commit 2223ea98, but the latter doesn't look to be a bug
fix and hence a target for the stable branch.

BTW, thanks Cole for doing this.  Amazingly, it aligns nicely with the
upcoming openSUSE12.2 release.  I'll be sure to point out any candidate
backports resulting from bug reports against 0.9.11.x in openSUSE12.2.

Regards,
Jim