[libvirt] Remote connection to KVM hypervisor failed using libvirt 0.10.2

Ido Levy IDOL at il.ibm.com
Fri Nov 23 05:43:12 UTC 2012

Hello,

I compiled libvirt 0.10.2 from source providing extra parameters to the
configure procedure to support phyp and hyper-v driver support, and python
binding.
When running virsh from the tools directory (libvirt-0.10.2/tools) and
trying to connect to remote KVM hypervisor using connect
qemu+ssh://user@hostname/system
I got the following error
error: Failed to connect to the hypervisor
error: End of file while reading data: : Input/output error

The same scenario working without any issue using virsh tool that is
shipped with RHEL distribution.

Any advise how can I figure out how to resolve this.

Thanks,

Ido