[libvirt] Limit autostarting of domains to a few at a time.

Ruben Kerkhof ruben at rubenkerkhof.com
Mon Nov 5 12:32:55 UTC 2012

Hi list,

I have about a hundred kvm vm's on a physical host, all marked as autostart.
As soon as libvirtd starts up, all vms get started and they start
fighting for disk I/O.

Would it be possible to add an option to wait a while before starting
the next vm?
Batch-starting them in parallel, let's say 10 at a time, would be great too.

I know I could use the libvirt-guest init script to do this, but we
rely on the autostart property for several purposes.

Kind regards,

Ruben Kerkhof