[libvirt] Expose virDomainGetAutostart through virsh?

Peter Krempa pkrempa at redhat.com
Wed Nov 7 10:32:22 UTC 2012

On 11/07/12 11:04, Ruben Kerkhof wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'd like to check if a domain has autostart enabled. I do this now by
> looking if there's a symlink in /etc/libvirt/qemu/autostart, but it
> feels a bit hackish.
>
> Is this something that could be added to virsh?
> Something like virsh get-autostart domain would be great.

For now there are two options how to check the autostart flag:

1) virsh dominfo - This is suitable to check for the state of a single
guest. Unfortunately we have just this one output option where it is
embedded with other information about the guest:

$ virsh dominfo tr
Id:             1
Name:           tr
UUID:           17f42b42-9fdd-81e3-4a93-a75021a707d3
OS Type:        hvm
State:          running
CPU(s):         1
CPU time:       200.5s
Max memory:     53248 KiB
Used memory:    53248 KiB
Persistent:     yes
Autostart:      enable				<- here!
Managed save:   no
Security model: none
Security DOI:   0

2) use virsh list --all --autostart to list guests that have the
autostart flag enabled (also note that there are script-friendly outputs
for virsh list --name and --uuid):

$ virsh list --all --autostart
  Id    Name                           State
  1     tr                             running
  -     Bare                           shut off

We're planing on adding the autostart flag as an XML element and a few
other improvements of autostaring guests.

> Kind regards,
>
> Ruben

Peter