[libvirt] installing libvirt

Felipe Oliveira Gutierrez lipe.82 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 11:12:59 UTC 2012

Hi Eric,

I installed libvirt-0.10.2.tar.gz and now it is working correctly. i can
run "virsh connect xen:///" and after "virsh list".
After, I installed libvirt-java-0.4.9.tar.gz. I am trying to use test.java.
I compiled using :
javac -classpath /usr/java/jdk1.6.0_34/bin/libvirt-0.4.9.jar test.java
And I runned using :
java -classpath
.:/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_34/bin/jna.jar:/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_34/bin/libvirt-0.4.9.jar
test
And I got this error that I do not know how to fix. Could you please help
me?
Best Regards, Felipe.

libvir: Network Driver error : Requested operation is not valid: network is
already active as 'createst'
<=====================================>
<============== FIXME ================>
exception caught:org.libvirt.LibvirtException: Requested operation is not
valid: network is already active as 'createst'
level:VIR_ERR_ERROR
code:VIR_ERR_OPERATION_INVALID
domain:VIR_FROM_NETWORK
hasConn:false
hasDom:false
hasNet:false
message:Requested operation is not valid: network is already active as
'createst'
str1:Requested operation is not valid: %s
str2:network is already active as 'createst'
str3:null
int1:-1
int2:-1

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 6:39 PM, Eric Blake <eblake at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 10/01/2012 10:59 AM, Felipe Oliveira Gutierrez wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I am new using libvirt,
> >
> > Do I have to install libvirt-0.10.2.tar.gz alone, or I need to install
> > libvirt-java-0.4.9.tar.gz after to developing codes using java?
>
> If you want to use the Java bindings, then yes, you have to install both
> libvirt and libvirt-java (if you are using a distro, installing
> libvirt-java should automatically pull in libvirt from the package
> dependencies).
>

> > But I don't find the libvirt.jar file to copy.
>
> Unfortunately, I can't answer this one, since I haven't used the
> libvirt-java bindings myself.  Maybe someone else can chime in.
>
> --
> Eric Blake   eblake at redhat.com    +1-919-301-3266

*-- Felipe Oliveira Gutierrez*
*-- **lipe.82 at gmail.com* <lipe.82 at gmail.com>