[libvirt] ipv6 related filtering through libvirt interfaces

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Tue Oct 2 21:59:47 UTC 2012

Looking mid page at:
 	http://libvirt.org/formatnwfilter.html#nwfelemsReservedVars
I see that there are some un-implemented filtering variables
for IPv6.  Conspicuously absent is a variable set for the
content handed out by radvd.  The changes back at 0.8.0 [Apr
12 2010] seem to be the last time this area was touched

[ The interaction of the dhcpd, a dhcp6d, and the radvd as to
DNS server assignment is also on the horizon with the roll in
of the systemd ]

I used the search tool to look for a current 'ROADMAP' without
getting meaningful results; The 'TODO' page is empty [1]; the
patch queue page seems unmaintained [2]. I cannot find a
'roadmap' posting in my archive this year ;(

With the exhaustion of 'easy' ipv4 space allocations, we are
turning to deploying ipv6 only VM's, but finding that we are
manually maintaining filtering rule sets, rather than handing
them out in the XML configs

Is there movement in this space 'behind the scenes'?

Thank you

-- Russ herrold

[1] http://libvirt.org/todo.html
[2] http://libvirt.org/pending.html