[libvirt] RFC: advertising graphics support (vnc, spice, sdl)

Doug Goldstein cardoe at gentoo.org
Fri Oct 19 06:31:07 UTC 2012

Currently consumers of libvirt's APIs must assume/attempt to define a
VM that uses spice, vnc, or sdl without knowing if the actual
hypervisor supports it. Obviously my discussion is very QEMU oriented
but it would be good to leave expansion for the future. I was thinking
that under the <guest> element for the capabilities we can add
something like:

<graphics>
  <spice/>
  <vnc/>
  <sdl/>
</graphics>

It would be at the same level as <arch> and <features>. But before I
implemented this I wanted a sanity check if people think this is the
best place or the best naming convention.

Thanks.
--
Doug Goldstein