[libvirt] patch option needs clarification

Gene Czarcinski gene at czarc.net
Mon Oct 22 13:26:14 UTC 2012

I am pretty much complete creating a patch which changes how dnsmasq is
started by moving the command line parameters into a conf file. This new
file is placed into the same directory and the lease file.

The test for the command line arguments now checks the contents of the
conf-file and there is no longer any tests for the command line
parameters which are now two.

The first command line parameter is (naturally) --conf-file=<filename>.

The second parameter adds new functionality and is
--conf-dir=<directory>.  This directory is placed into the same
directory as the conf-file and the lease file.  The name of this
directory is "<net-name>.d". This was added to make testing/debugging of
new dnsmasq options easier since it no longer requires rebuilding the
binaries.  This is also useful for adding log-dhcp and/or log-queries
for a specific network.

Now the option question.  I can submit the patch assuming the my
previously submitted patch to add --interface to the command line has
been applied or I can assume that it has not been applied.  In either
case, the new code adds a interface=<dev-name> to the conf-file.

All development and testing was done with 0.10.2 libvirt src.rpm on
Fedora 17.

The patch will be submitted based on git.

Gene