[libvirt] Schedule for the next release: 1.0.0

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Wed Oct 10 13:01:15 UTC 2012

 After checking with Dan and other developpers, there is some agreement
that we should finally bump the major release number, and we would like
to do it beginning of November i.e. in sync for the next release. As
usual all API and ABIs will be kept, this is just a numbering issue !

 To try to avoid if possible another "brown paper bag" release just
after 1.0.0, it seems logical to extend the testing period a bit, to a
week and a half. So be prepared to enter freeze for 1.0.0 around the
24th in a couple of weeks, and celebrate around Nov 2 !