[libvirt] 0.10.2 virtualport profileid (802.1Qbh) malformed

Laine Stump laine at laine.org
Sun Oct 21 14:42:07 UTC 2012

On 10/21/2012 08:02 AM, Tom Lanyon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just upgraded a test libvirtd host to 0.10.2 from 0.9.4 to be able to make use of the new 'virsh net-update add portgroup' live updates, however can't get my private/802.1Qbh interfaces working at all after the upgrade.
>
> Trying to start an existing domain or install a new domain after the upgrade gives:
> 	"ERROR internal error corrupted profileid string"
> and a corresponding error in the libvirtd log:
> 	"error : virNetDevVPortProfileMerge:381 : internal error corrupted profileid string"

Sigh. Unfortunately, this is a bug that wasn't found until after 0.10.2
was released. It's fixed in the current upstream sources though:

commit 83aebf6de4e2902c621edcba65de1d1556bee454
Author: Kyle Mestery <kmestery at cisco.com>
Date:   Wed Oct 3 15:46:55 2012 -0400

    Correct checking of virStrcpyStatic() return value

    Correct the check for the return value of virStrcpyStatic()
    when copying port-profile names. Fixes Open vSwitch ports
    which utilize port-profiles from network definitions.

This will be in the next release (1.0.0 in a couple weeks) or you can
build the latest upstream (or apply that one patch to the 0.10.2 sources).